Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Touch of the Master's Hand

Illustrations About Change

*Clickable Links Are Blue with Underlines:




Touch of the Master's Hand
By Myra Ross Welch (1926)



Church Songs?

#Change
#Value
#Souls
#Price

#Scripture

You Think About it!
Kevin Rayner




'Twas battered and scarred and the auctioneer
Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,
But he held it up with a smile:


"What am bidden, good folks?" he cried,
"Who'll start the bidding for me?"
"A dollar! A dollar!" then "Two! Only two?"
"Two dollars, and who'll make it three?"


"Three dollars once, three dollars twice . . .
And going for three . . . " but no.
From the room, far back, a gray-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow.


Then, wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening the loosened strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet,
As a caroling angel sings.


The music ceased, and the auctioneer
With a voice that was quiet and low
Said, "What am I bid for the old violin?"
And he held it up with the bow.


"A thousand dollars! And who'll make it two?
"Two thousand! Who'll make it three?
"Three going once? Three going twice?
"And going . . . and gone!" said he.


The people cheered but some of them cried,
"We do not understand!
What changed its worth?" -- Swift came the reply,
"The touch of the Master's Hand."


And many a man with life out of tune
And battered and scarred with sin
Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd
Much like the old violin.


A "mess 'o pottage"
A glass of wine
A game and he travels on.
He's "going" once
And "going" twice
And "going" . . . and almost "gone"


Then along comes the Master, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul or the change that's wrought
By the touch of the Master's Hand.





https://duckduckgo.com/?q="John+Maxwell"+Change&t=h_&iax=videos&ia=videos

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

=============

Imagine a world...

  • Where one small act of kindness turned into billions of acts, like a never-ending chain.
  • Where people value people and have a genuine love for one another.
  • Where every neighborhood was safe because the community looked after each other.
  • Where someone did something that unites us together instead of drives us apart.
  • Where that someone is YOU!

This world that you imagine... What if it was real? What if you really did have a voice in your world and you really could make a difference?

No comments: