Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2023

Maturity Illustrations

Devotional Thoughts and Teaching Illustrations About Maturity


Albert Einstein
In the course of their conversation at a dinner party, Albert Einstein’s young neighbor asked the white-haired scientist, “What are you actually by profession?”
“I devote myself to the study of physics,” Einstein replied.
The girl looked at him in astonishment. “You mean to say you study physics at your age?” she exclaimed. “I finished mine a year ago.”

=========
Stepping Stones

The Lord came to me like a dream one day and asked, "why do you sorrow?"
I answered, "Lord my life is so full of pain, I can't face one more tomorrow."
 
The Lord sat down beside me, and gently took my hand.
He said, "Let Me explain to you, and then you'll understand.
 
Each sorrow is a stepping stone you must surmount each day,
And every stepping stone you climb is a sorrow that's passed away.
 
The road of life is a mountainside, with crevices in which to be caught,
But as you struggle on your way, I, the Rock, will lend support.
 
Every stepping stone you climb, makes spirit and heart grow strong.
Exercising character and faith, this road seems painful and long.
 
The way is paved with stepping stones, to uplift your heart and soul,
Though difficult, they aid your way, to a City paved with gold.
 
I know that you are tired, for I too have walked this way,
My sorrows did they multiply, but I cleared many stones away.
 
I left My Rock to lift you up, I left behind My story.
To give you strength to make your climb, to that special place in glory.
 
And never fear, the Rock is here, you'll never climb this mountain alone
Surmount life's sorrows, continue on, for they are but stepping stones.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.  In all ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6
=========


*Clickable Quick Links Are Below:

#Maturity
#Mature
#Matures
#Matured
#Maturing
#Adulthood
 

1 Corinthians 13:11 ESV When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
Philippians 3:15 Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.
Luke 8:14 - And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
1 Corinthians 2:6 - Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away.
1 Corinthians 14:20 - Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.
Ephesians 4:13 - until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Philippians 3:15 - Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
Colossians 1:28 - Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
Colossians 4:12 - Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always struggling on your behalf in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God.
Hebrews 5:14 - But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 6:1 - Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
Hebrews 12:2 
[looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work].

You Think About It!
Kevin Rayner


No comments: