Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE


While walking down life's highway, a long, long time ago
I saw a neon sign that read: "HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE."

As I came a little closer, door opened wide.
When I realized what had happened, I was standing inside.

A mighty host of angels were positioned everywhere
One handed me a basket and told me, "Shop with care."

Everything a Christian needed was in this grocery store
And what you couldn't carry, you were permitted to come back for more.

The first thing I got was PATIENCE, LOVE, was in the same row
Further down the aisle was UNDERSTANDING, you need that everywhere you go.

I got a box of WISDOM, and a bag or two of FAITH
I couldn't miss the HOLY SPIRIT, He was all over the place.

I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE to help me run this race
By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed GRACE.

I couldn't forget SALVATION, for I knew salvation was free
So I tried to get enough to save both you and me.

Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill
Thinking I had all that I needed to do my Master's will.

While going up the aisle, I saw PRAYER, & had to put that in
Knowing when I stepped outside, I'd run right into sin.

PEACE & JOY were plentiful, they were sitting on the shelf
SONG and PRAISE were hanging near, so I helped myself.

When I finally reached the counter, I asked the angel, "How much do I owe?"
He smiled & said, "You just take them everywhere you go."

I asked again, "Please tell me, how much do I owe?"
The angel seemed astonished as if I should have known, "My child," he said "JESUS paid your bill, a long, long time ago."

Author unknown

No comments: